TO BE STAMPED APPROPRIATELY AS PER STATE STAMP DUTY REGULATIONS
MODEL DRAFT OF GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
BY THIS POWER OF ATTORNEY, I, ___________________________ aged ____ years, resident of ________________________________, appoint __________________________, aged ____ years, resident of ________________________________ as my Attorney in my name to execute or do all or any of the acts or things hereinafter mentioned, that is to say:
1. To operate on my behalf all such Bank Accounts standing in my name which I am entitled to operate for the time being.
2. To open Bank Accounts in any Nationalised Bank or Banks as my said Attorney may deems fit and to operate the same on my behalf and in my name and sign and endorse all cheques, drafts, slips, receipts, etc. and to deposit or withdraw amounts in and out of the same, accept and receive money orders, drafts, cheques and telegraphic transfer of moneys in my name and to execute the necessary deeds, documents, forms, papers, etc. in this regard.
3. To invest money belonging to me in any shares, stocks, securities, deposits or other investments and sell, assign, transfer, vary or otherwise dispose of any or all of any or all of the said investments, including any investments currently held by me.
4. To invest any of my moneys lying in my Bank Accounts, in any Shares, Stocks, Securities or Debentures of Joint Stock Companies or Deposits with any Public Limited Companies or other Investments, singly or jointly with another, either in my name or in the names of any other person or persons in trust for me and sell, assign, transfer, vary or dispose of any or all of the said Investments as my said Attorney deems fit.
5. To sign, make and execute all cheques, contracts, agreements, deeds, transfers, assignments and instruments and to get registered or present for registration any such deed or instrument and so all other things whatsoever and to renew vary and discharge all such contracts and agreements.
6. To assign and verify plaints, written statements, petitions of claims and objections, memorandum of appeal and petitions and applications of all kinds and to file them in any court of office.
7. To purchase or sell on my behalf any immovable property and for the purpose enter into a purchase or sale agreement, pay or receive appropriate consideration for the same and do all such things as may be necessary for the acquisition or transfer of such immovable property.
8. To represent on my behalf before any Government or Semi Government Authorities like the Reserve Bank of India, Income-tax Department, etc. any matters in connection with my Bank A/cs., investments, tax matters, etc. and add when required and entertain on my behalf necessary correspondence or submit forms, declarations, informations, etc. in the above regard.
9. To act as my Attorney or Agent in relation to the matters aforesaid and to sign all letters, forms, correspondence and other documents and to perform any other acts, deeds, matters or things whatsoever which ought to be done, executed or performed in or about my affairs mentioned hereinabove as fully and effectually as I myself would do if personally present.
10. To open and operate on my behalf any DEMAT Account with my authorised Bank or Agency as may be required under the Depositors Act, With a view to facilitate the transfer of my existing shares and securities to such DEMAT Account, as also acquire or transfer any shares and securities into or from such Account.
11. To sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of and to purchase, subscribe or otherwise acquire in any manner from the market or under public or rights issues or otherwise and accept the transfers of any stocks, funds, shares, debentures, Government and other promissory notes, securities, bonds, debentures, annuities or other mercantile negotiable instruments which shall or may at any time belong to me or which hereafter be transferred to me, whether solely or jointly and whether in my own right or having any other interest of whatsoever nature and however arising and in any capacity whatsoever including those belonging to others with my name and for such purposes to sign, execute or endorse all instruments of transfer and other documents for any purpose what so ever by the virtue of these present.
I hereby agree that all acts, deeds and things lawfully done by my said Attorney in the above connection shall be construed as acts, deeds and things done by me and I undertake to ratify and confirm all whatsoever that my said Attorney shall lawfully do or cause to be done for me by virtue of the general power hereby given.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have signed this General Power of Attorney on the___day of____,200_.
Signature of P.A. Holder Signature of Person giving P.A.